Understanding Great Doctrines of the Bible
The Difference Between the Two Resurrections
I. The Bible speaks of a Resurrection
A. The Old Testament
- Daniel 12:2
B. The New Testament
- Acts 24:15
C. Jesus Christ spoke of a resurrection.
- John 5:28-29
1. _______________________________ will be raised from the dead.
2. There are of resurrections.
a. The resurrection ____________________ _______________________ (v. 29b)
b. The resurrection ___________________________________________ (v. 29c)
3. Everyone does not ___________________________________________.
a. A destiny to “ ________________________________________________” (v. 29b)
b. A destiny to “ ________________________________________________ ” (v. 29c)
II. The First Resurrection
- Revelation 20:6
A. The first resurrection involves ______________________________ .
- Acts 24:15 resurrection …of the just
B. The first resurrection takes place in____________________________________________ .
1. The resurrection ____________________________________________________________
2. The resurrection of ___________________________________________________________
3. The resurrection of “_________________________________________________ ” at the Rapture
4.The resurrection of __________________________________________________
- Revelation 20:4
5.The resurrection of the __________________________________________________
- Ezekiel 37:11-14, Isaiah 26:19, John 11:23-24
III. The Second Resurrection
A. The Second Resurrection is ____________________________________________________.
- John 5:29, Daniel 12:2, Acts 24:15
B. The second resurrection takes place at ___________________________________________ .
- Revelation 20:11-13
C. Those involved in the second resurrection will be ___________________________________ .
- Revelation 20:14-15
IV. The First and Second Resurrection are Divided by the Millennial Kingdom.
A. The first resurrection occurs _________________________________ the millennial reign of Christ.
- Revelation 20:6
B. The second resurrection occurs _______________________________ the millennium.
- Revelation 20:5
V. Each Resurrection is a Physical Resurrection
A. The First Resurrection
1. Saints in the _______________________________________________________
- Job 19:25-26
2. Saints in the _______________________________________________________
a. The saints
- Matthew 27:52-53
- I Corinthians 15:51-55
B. The Second Resurrection
- Revelation 20:13-14
Pastor David Peterson has designed classes around teaching the new believer or even the "seasoned" believer some of the most important foundational concepts in the Word of God. Dr. Peterson has pastored for 40+ years at First Baptist of Land O Lakes in Florida. He has a unique ability to teach those things which may seem confusing and make them simple to understand. Enjoy the teaching as you endeavor to walk more closely with the Lord. The lessons are based on Dr. Peterson's book - "A Firm Foundation"